Communications Pty Ltd - Your ISP
Setup WS_FTP32 to upload your files to ANS
- This FTP program will allow you to upload your home pages or web site
to the ANS web server.
The web address of your home pages is
If you have a domain hosted by ANS, you domain web address is
- The upload process is very much like coping files between folders in your
However, be reminded to upload your web pages to the directory
- Also make sure the first page of your web site must be named
index.html or index.htm.
- WS_FTP is published by Ipswitch.
You can download a free evaluation copy from their web site
- When WS_FTP is downloaded and installed,
connect to ANS and run WS_FTP.
- This should bring up the Session Properties window.
Click on New, to create a new profile for ANS.
Put in the host name (ftp.ans.com.au),
your login name (usually the part before the @ symbol in your email address),
and your password,
making sure these are all in lowercase letters.
(You can tick the Save Password option
if you do not want to type the password for this space
each time you open it.)
- To connect click on OK.
- Once connected a screen will appear with
your local files on the left hand side,
and the remote files on the right hand side.
- The white icons are files,
the yellow icons are folders (or directories).
To enter a directory, double click on the yellow icon.
To go back up a directory, double click on the green arrow pointing upwards.
- To upload a file, create a public_html folder on the the
right hand side by "MK DIR" and enter public_html then click OK.
- Double click on the public_html.
On the left hand-side select the file to transfer by clicking
it once to highlight it,
then click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- This will activate the upload into your ANS's web space.
A transfer window will appear showing you the status of the transfer.
- When the file transfer is completed you will notice that
the file uploaded now appears on the right hand-side of the screen.
- The files uploaded are now ready to be viewed on the Internet.
You can view these pages at http://www.ans.com.au/~usename
Technical support and Enquiry
1300 300 266
Copyright 2004, ANS Communications Pty Ltd